Wednesday, May 28, 2008

On to the Next Step

Tonight Ryan graduated from Preschool; his first big milestone on the road of education. I didn't go to preschool when I was his age. I grew up in the dark ages where you just went to Kindergarten right out of the chute and didn't have to know your alphabet to get accepted.

Women go Crazy for a Sharp Dressed Man

Ryan picked out the shirt and tie himself. The shirt actually came with a clip-on tie, but he also wanted to get a real tie. I guess even at five a man needs to have options when getting dressed up for a big event.

Too Cool for School

This is downstairs in the basement getting ready for the ceremony. The teachers made the hats for all the children. They even measured each of their heads so they would have a perfect fit.

Getting his Bible and Diploma from his Teacher

Ryan had the best teachers: Mrs. Brands and Mrs. Graves. Mrs. Brands is actually retiring after this year, so neither Chase or Karis will have her - which is a shame. But Ryan was lucky enough to have her both years AND Mrs. Graves will hopefully still be there by the time Chase and Karis go to Preschool.

I'm only here for the popcorn.

Chase was also dressed to impress...even though he would not pose with his brother or let me take his picture. I had to take this picture covert style when he wasn't looking...which explains Grandpa's tummy. Chase's favorite part of the evening was the cookies and punch afterwards. He hit a milestone tonight as well as he learned to drink from a cup all by himself.

Karis was also dressed up for the evening, but the only shot I got of her was a very unflattering close-up with her eyes half closed and her tongue sticking out. Someday when she is a teenager and she thinks I am the meanest mom in the world because I won't let her do something all her friends are doing, I'll remind her that I didn't post that picture.

No comments: