Thursday, November 08, 2007

Carving It Up


So, while Grandma and Grandpa Elmore were here we got to carve our pumpkins. Remember, that's when the Mom is bigger than a pumpkin incident happened.


At first, Chase wasn't so sure he wanted to dig in to the cleaning portion. He was not so pleased about the goop coming out of his pumpkin so he decided to inspect and perfect the already-cleaned-out pumpkins.


After a few minutes of this, he decided that maybe he could move up to tag-team pumpkin cleaning with his brother as long as Mom had already removed the big stuff.


After a while, we were all working on our own pumpkins, each at a different level of cleaned-out-ness. Please note the position I am sitting in. I sat in that position because it was the most comfortable way for Karis and me to sit on the floor. The only problem is that once we were done cleaning the pumpkins, I was stuck in that position. Yes, literally stuck. I could not move my legs. Tracy had to come and pull me up off the floor.


After Mommy got off the floor we started carving. Chase was done at this point. He had moved on to hang out with the big boys in the t.v. room. That left Ryan and me to make all the executive decisions.


Once we got everything finished, we were ready for the lighting ceremony. Ryan and I were very excited about this part. Chase on the other hand was not thrilled with the glowing faces. His favorite part of lighting our jack-o-lanterns was when big brother blew them out.


2 comments:

Angela said...

Love the hat!

Now that my boys are no longer interested in carving pumpkins, I make a discovery - You can wear rubber gloves to clean out your pumpkin. This lightbulb moment makes we want to carve pumpkins right now!

Angela

Denise said...

Yes, I realized last year that the pumpkin juice makes my hands sting and swell, so now I wear gloves. You can see Ryan wore some, too.

Shame on you - you should be carving at least one pumpkin for Halloween. I'm checking up on you next year.