Friday, November 02, 2007

Five Weeks to Go!

Well, Karis and I have made it to week 35. That means that as of now my doctor won't stop labor if it starts...but talking with some nurses I know, they really like you to be around week 37 or week 38 before the baby is born.

I am going to get my bag ready for the hospital just in case.

We have lots of things to update you on: Chase is talking; Ryan can drive the excavator (yes, the big one); Tracy is taking a welding class; I am as big as a house.

Oh, yes, a house. For example, today I was attempting to climb over Ryan's booster seat in the back seat of Mom and Dad's SUV, and my oldest bluntly states: "Mom is way bigger than a mom."

Or, there was the night we carved pumpkins and I jokingly put one of the pumpkins next to my stomach and asked Ryan, "Which is bigger, the pumpkin or Mama?"

Ryan looked at the comparison and immediately answered: "You."

I had to ask, eh?

Pictures of Halloween coming this weekend.

3 comments:

Grandpa said...

"As big as a house" depends on comparison and experience. Houses come in many sizes. Are you a mansion or a bird house? Chicken house? In the dog house? Of course, you will claim to be a mansion with many valuable things inside.(Oh, that was a good one!)
by Grandpa

Denise said...

Well, of course right now I am a mansion I(that WAS a good one) because I have something very valuable inside. Soon, though, I might feel like an empty storage unit until my organs shift back into place.

Glad you found it ok!

Lelsey said...

Awsome. Love the sign. You have way more ambition then I do. Mike said he wants the sign back (ha, Ha). Can't wait to meet Karis. Very cute name.

Lesley