Saturday, November 10, 2007

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Sleep

Lately Tracy and I haven't been getting a lot of sleep. Around Monday Chase started developing a bad cough, and then on Wednesday the runny nose came. I took him to the doctor and found out that he has an ear infection. Poor guy. No wonder he was up every two hours. So now that he is on antibiotics he is starting to sleep better, but due to my lack of sleep I have caught his cold.

When I get a stuffy nose, I snore. And toss and turn. And keep my husband up at night. Poor Tracy, first Chase, then me.

To make matters worse, I am suffering the nine-month-pregnant insomnia stage so when I do wake up I can't seem to get back to sleep. Sleep, what is sleep? So at 4 AM this morning I just gave up and watched some t.v. with Chase. Chase gave up and decided he would go back to bed, so that just left me.

If this keeps up I might feel like I'm getting more sleep once Karis gets here.

So, everyone pray for more sleep at our house! We'd appreciate it.

3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Try drinking 3 or 4 glasses of water before going to bed then you can get up every hour instead of at 4:30.
Grandpa

Grandpa said...

Have you tried counting sheep jumping over the fence? I tried it and it works good until a wolf jumps over after them. Then I am wide awake cheering for the sheep. So far the wolves are winning.

Denise said...

Ok, Grandpa Elmore, we'll just let you have a few night shifts once Karis get here since you haven't gotten your wolves under control anyway! ;)