Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Update

Doctor: So, are we going to check the cervix today?

Me: Yes, I want to update Tracy's parents on progress...let them know if they need to have the bags in the car.

Doctor: Well, you're about 3.5 cm dilated.

Me: I am? Do you think that she'll wait until her due date of December 5th?

Doctor: No.

Me: What happens if my water doesn't break until I'm 4 or 5 cm dilated and I can't get into the hospital in time for my epidural?

Doctor: Well, that's a possibility.

Me: But that would really hurt, I mean, with no epidural.

Doctor: Yes, it's pretty intense.

Me: (looking like deer in headlights)

Doctor: But you seem to have your babies fast, so it won't be too long. You'll do fine.

Me: But I really want my epidural.

Doctor: Let's just put it this way, when your water breaks get to the hospital sooner than later.

Me: That means no shower, right.

Doctor: Yes, that would mean no shower.

No comments: